Sunday, March 23, 2014

Week 22 and 23: Hungry hungry hippo

Week: 23 
Weight:149 (Pre-pregnancy weight=125)
Body changes: 1st tub of Burt's Bees belly butter empty and onto 2nd bottle. Morning routine: pee, shower, butter up like a Thanksgiving turkey, makeup, squeeze into whatever clothes that I can fit into, cry over a pint of ice cream, and go.
Rose (good thing that happened) and thorn (bad thing) of the week:
Rose-Last weekend, we joined my family at Silver Dollar City for their opening weekend. It was a wonderful day.
Thorn-Belly pain and having to slow down my pace. Having to pee 2 or 3 times during the night now instead of just once. 

22 Weeks
23 Weeks
So...pregnancy is exhausting. I told myself I would attempt to update my blog each Sunday. Well last Sunday rolled around, and I fell asleep on the couch before I even squeezed out a sentence. lol

Here's an update on the last two weeks. Not too much crazy has happened in the last 14 days, but one thing that I've definitely noticed is how freaking hungry I am ALL THE TIME. If I see a commercial or a billboard for food or someone mentions anything about food, I feel like I'm on a mission and have to go get that item. I would like to say that I have the willpower to resist and eat fruits and veggies and blah blah blah but let's be real, what pregnant lady wants, pregnant lady gets. It's not such a good thing for my scale though. This week I finally reached 149 which is the highest weight I've ever been. I know, I know. I have two humans growing inside of me. I just worked so hard to go from 148 to 125 in college. And umm...we still have at least 10 weeks to go and that's a lot of cupcake calories to consume. Going to try to do what I can to tame my inner hungry, hungry hippo the next few weeks. --Running to the kitchen to whip up some brownies....be right back. Jk jk Well, if I had brownie mix, I would be making some but too lazy to go to the grocery store. :)

Before
After
We got the nursery painted by a local painter (All About Paint) last last Monday and love how it turned out. It took the painter only 5 hours to finish the job. It would have taken Josh weeks to get it done, and we don't even own a ladder so we found the cost to be well worth it. The color we chose was Sherwin Williams Network Gray. We are going to do white and navy blue/turquoise accents for the nursery. Still have everything to buy...cribs, dresser, rocker, etc. Luckily, we still have around 10 weeks to get it done. 


I got a pickle, I got a pickle, hey hey hey hey!
Last weekend, my family came down to Branson for some good old fashioned family fun at the opening weekend of Silver Dollar City. The Spring weather was near perfect. It was a little cool but great for walking those hills and rockin' a comfy hoodie and yoga pants. I wasn't sure how much fun I could have as a pregnant lady since I'm a thrill ride addict, but I shifted by excitement from rides to FOOD. Luckily, one thing Silver Dollar City knows about is greasy, pregnancy craving-friendly foods. And you know what they definitely have? PICKLES. The most delicious pickles in the Midwest. The problem is that now I want more, and I don't have a SDC season pass. Is it bad that I contemplated buying a season pass just to go back and enjoy another pickle?! I know...I'm signing up for Pickle Lovers Anonymous as soon as I finish this blog post.
My beautiful mom and me

I had a blast just watching my family and nephews enjoy the rides while I relaxed and consumed a sad amount of calories. Dip n Dots, funnel cake, frozen lemonade, skillet dinner, jerky, kettle corn, chocolate/peanut butter fudge (that Amanda scored for me for FREE), and probably some other stuff that I've already forgotten about. It was fun to watch my brother Mark and nephew Thomas get so pumped about the rides. It made me happy thinking about watching my two sons run around in the near future. Still can't fully wrap my mind around the fact that I'm a mom, but the more it sinks in, the more excited I get.
The Great Shoot Out...the only ride they could let the prego lady on :)

The Contraption
 The last thing I'll tell you about to wrap up this week's blog is the "contraption". We bought this belly and back support band ($30 at BabiesRUs) the night before we went to Silver Dollar City. I had started noticing some additional stress on my body and back so I thought I would give this deal a try. I give facility tours every Friday at Prime to our new drivers which take about an hour of walking around. I'm not ready to give that up yet so hoping the belly band can help out.

Thank God we brought it with us to Silver Dollar City because without it I don't think I would have survived more than a couple hours of climbing those hills (and carrying the frozen lemonade, popcorn, etc). Plus, the "contraption", as we've coined it, is sexy as hell. I  mean I basically have to tell Josh to take a hike because I mean it's just so flattering. Ha. At our last appointment, the doctor did mention that pretty soon there will be no more of "that" stuff anyway because it is too risky and can cause premature labor. Sorry Josh. :)


Josh and Harper
Well that's all I got for this blog. Gonna go back to watching My Five Wives on TLC and appreciate the fact that I don't have to share my man with any other women and have him all to myself to jump up and grab whatever I'm craving. But in all seriousness, Josh is such a great husband. He has been so supportive and cute during this whole pregnancy. I'm looking forward to him being a dad to our 2 sons. We babysat our friend's adorable daughter Harper for a couple hours last night, and he was so cute with her. He's already got the "baby talk" down. He's going to be a great father.



Have a great week everybody! This week my goal is to complain less and enjoy this new, growing body more. It truly is a blessing to be able to grow a human (well two in my case) inside my body.

1 comment:

  1. You will appreciate this blog so much in later years, I wish you only the best! Love reading it

    ReplyDelete